Thursday, February 1, 2018

FEBRUARY UPDATE - SO MUCH GOING ON!

Welcome to another month at Create & Share - there is so much to update you!


I'm starting out the month in sunny Florida, my husband and I drove down for a very quick working vacation and head back tomorrow - but it certainly has been fun working from a sunny pool deck!
Yesterday we took the whole day off to enjoy some time at Animal Kingdom :)

FEBRUARY UPDATES

In the February Newsletter I explained:
• the Schedule of events - be sure to check them out and reserve your spot before it fills up!
• that today is the last day to register for the BINGO night - all the details are also below
• Sale-A-Bration continues this month and I will be announcing the three new items you can earn for FREE on Feb 16th - stay tuned!
• the Sketch Challenge - enter to win a FREE gift from me!




JANUARY CHALLENGE UPDATE 

In January our challenge was to get more cards in the mail. How did you do? I even got some Happy Mail off from my holiday - I hope my nephew appreciates a post card from Disney!
Several of you posted your cards in the Create & Share FB Group and I drew out one winner - April Watt! Congratulations April, you won a package of postage stamps!

1ST QUARTER UPDATE

So last month I told you there were three things I wanted to focus on more for the first few months of 2018 - they were:

SEND MORE CARDS | I did get some cards in the mail this month, but would like to do more Happy Mail this month - tell those in my life how much I love and appreciate them - Valentine's Day is just around the corner.

18 CARDS IN AN HOUR
To build a collection of cards is easy - I created 18 simple cards in an hour and you can too! 



I used two pieces of 12x12 Designer Series Paper and cut it up into 4x5.25 sizes or smaller, some on diagonals. Then I took strips or 4x5.25 pieces of coordinating cardstock and embossed in silver a variety of different sentiments. 


I cut out my 18 cardstock bases (4.25x8.5, scored at 5.5") from the thick Whisper White and then sat down and assembled. I kept the cards simple and I didn't add much emblishement - except a few coloured pearls. To colour them I used the light and dark grey Stampin' Blends - so simple!


Now my next challenge is to get these in the mail!

MEMORY KEEPING | I was thrilled to complete my first 12x12 layout in a long time. I used the Painted With Love suite of products and found inspiration on Pinterest. It's on display in the studio and I will post online once I'm home. 

I've also started to get my December Daily project organized and hope to get it complete this month! Stay tuned for my LIVE video's of my walking you through each of my steps on this larger project.

BEING THANKFUL | And finally I haven't started the project yet for being thankful but stay tuned, its simple and easy but helps get through these long, cold, dreary winter days!

Thanks so much for joining me today - I hope to see you this month either at one of my classes or on the Create & Share Facebook group!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Thank you for this awesome prize! I have no excuse NOT to send out Happy Mail this month!

    ReplyDelete